Fifteen things I did this week, in the spaces outside of my job search:
1. Helped out with layout at SF Public Press. Pick up the fall edition at your local SF bookstore and/or market!
2. Reacquainted myself with Trader Joe's.
3. Drank copious amounts of wine with a dear accomplice.
4. Ran from Duboce Park to Ocean Beach with my brother — who unlocked his first 10K!
5. Ate fried chicken sandwiches, drank beer, and went bowling with my brother, to undo any possible healthy progress we achieved from running 6.3 miles.
6. Watched the Giants in the World Series.
7. Made "WE NEED ALTERNATIVE MEDIA NOW" protest signs with SF Bay Guardian publisher Marke B.
8. Waved my protest sign at a rally against the closure of the SF Bay Guardian alongside Assemblyperson Tom Ammiano, progressive politicos, SFBG staff and supporters.
9. Applied for unemployment.
10. Made stuffed bell peppers.
11. Donated blood at Blood Centers of the Pacific. (PSA: Donating is quick, painless, and saves lives — it's an easy way to help patients with cancers and leukemia!)
12. Caught up on Serial, my new podcast addiction.
13. Created a wine collage and transferred my article on natural wines in Paris to Medium, since who knows how long the current SFBG website will be up.
15. Put in 8 miles of therapeutic running/walking with editor/writer extraordinaire Cheryl Eddy.